Corporate Educational Technology Services (EduTech) was established in May 2011 to work on developing the applications and operations of Information Technology (IT) throughout King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS), and its Departments and Colleges in Riyadh, Al Ahsa and Jeddah in the fields of Education and Research. EduTech is charged with managing the educational information technologies, policies and procedures, web services, as well as instructional technology and software development.
EduTech establishment is a continuation of the dedicated efforts by the College of Medicine's Information Technology Department which founded the University's IT Infrastructure and operation in 2005 to serve the College's digital curriculum and online classes. EduTech manages the Electronic Learning Management System (E-LMS) through the Blackboard system which offers a complete educational platform service for both students and faculty.
To provide the University Community easy, safe and trusted access to information for Educational and Research purposes from anywhere and at anytime.
Excellence in providing innovative educational services focusing on Information Technology and enablement of the University to achieve leadership in the field of Electronic Learning at the the GCC Universities level.
1. Collective Commitment to achieve the University's business goals, mission and vision.
2. Individual commitment to providing quality services to the University community, by means of respect and care in assisting the University beneficiaries to access and benefit from the authorized information.
3. Honesty and professionalism in safe keeping of the University's assets, data and the privacy of the University beneficiaries and in presenting accurate and timely reporting.
4. Commitment to team work in sharing the ethical, professional accountability, responsibility, innovation, knowledge sharing and continuous perseverance toward enrichment and sharpening of the department's members' skills.
The EduTech Department provides the following support services for KSAU-HS Staff, Faculty and Students:
1. Technical Support and Helpdesk System: hardware and software troubleshooting needs - all KSAU-HS campuses
2. Internet and network infrastructure
3. User account and E-Mail management
4. Data storage and backup
5. Video and audio recording services
6. Lecture capture recording and playback
7. Messaging and collaboration tools
8. Security and Business Continuity
9. Website development and hosting
10. Online and mobile application development.
11. Business Intelligence and reporting.
To Contact EduTech Department please dial (966) 11-429- 2530 or 2546 or by EduTech Email (EduTech at KSAU-HS.edu.sa) . For Helpdesk requests please use the Online Helpdesk Services.