If you need to upgrade your computer, or to create a fresh copy or the latest version of the operating system and all its attached applications, you can request this service.
Service Level Objective:
Service level targets:
- New images - 4 weeks lead time (upon receipt of hardware).
- Changes to existing images - 2 weeks lead time.
- Maintained image for each Core KSAU-HS Support hardware platform, reviewed quarterly.
Users of this Service:
Faculty and Staff:
All academic and administrative faculty and staff are eligible for the following image support for Core KSAU-HS Support computers in their offices.
The image with the operating system that was current at the time of the hardware deployment.
Tenants and other non-KSAU-HS groups:
Support will be provided as outlined in your Service Level Agreement.
1. Images for Limited Support and Non-Supported hardware platforms
2. Images for computers not owned (or leased) by KSAU-HS
Business Process Enabled by this Service:
This service supports the process for managing administrative computer images for IT Operations clients. This service is critical as it:
1. Ensures that the software deployed is tested for the KSAU-HS environment
2. Ensures that all software deployed by IT Operations, on our standard images, is properly licensed
3. Allows for better support by IT Operations staff, as systems will be set-up in a consistent manner
How to Access this Service:
KSAU-HS Administrative office computers are automatically issued an administrative image upon deployment by IT Operations.
Service hours of availability:
Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Service available on Weekends as special request.
Contact the Helpdesk Services and please have the following information available (as appropriate):
1. Your name, department and contact information (phone and location of this computer).
2. The operating system currently running on this computer.
3. The make, model and serial numbers of the computer.
4. Description of the symptoms experienced.
In order to receive this service, please request it through the HelpDesk either by the Online System or Email.
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114