Central Data Storage Support
To cater the need for data storage requirements of the university we provides the Central Data Storage service. This service fulfills the storage requirements of applications, databases and file services as per the approved requests from various application and database owners hosting university services.
Service hours of availability:
Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Contact the Helpdesk and please have the following information available:
- Full Name
- Your Email
- Your User Name
- Department or College as appropriate
- Location & Contact Extension no.
- Installing and maintaining Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Access Storage (NAS) and other Enterprise data storage.
- Planning and allocation of data in the SAN and other Enterprise data storage.
- Installing and maintaining physical connections from the servers to the SAN and other Enterprise data storage.
- Planning, installing, maintaining and allocating data on the SAN.
- Physical maintenance of the tape library.
- Installing and maintaining backup software.
- Performing scheduled data backups Linux, Macintosh, Netware, Open Enterprise, Virtual, and Windows servers using backup software.
- Performing emergency user file recovery for backups for Linux, Macintosh, Virtual, and Windows servers using backup software.
- Monitoring backup server performance.
- Monitoring the SAN and associated switches for traffic, events and failures.
- Troubleshooting problems and failures.
- Planning for future capacity requirements and upgrades.
- Disaster recovery planning.
In order to receive this service, please fill the Justification Form, approved from your departmental head, and submit it to the Helpdesk through email or by courier MC 3114. Just click the link Request Here.
> Request Here
EduTech Administration, Operations
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114