Computer Lab Management:
- Establishing and enforcing standards for new computer and peripheral acquisitions for the academic computer labs.
- Designing the new academic computer lab facilities.
- Scheduling replacement of academic computers and academic computer lab equipment (Lifecycle Replacement Program).
- Managing and setting up academic computers and academic computer labs.
- Deploying and rebuilding software images on academic computer lab computers.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance/repair of academic computer lab computers.
- Troubleshooting/escalating academic computer lab audiovisual equipment problems to the Information Technology Services Department’s Media Services unit.
- Providing academic general access computer lab, lab assistant services (nights and weekends).
- Escalating student computer abuse issues to the Associate Dean of Student Support Services.
- Providing academic computer lab orientations for academic faculty for the new semester start-up.
- Establishing and maintaining physical security.
- Advising users of policy and academic computer lab-related information.
- When and if requested, ITS will image and lock one set of hard drives with the academic Master image in specialty classrooms.
Service Level Objective:
Service level targets:
- Software Image rebuilds on General Access academic computer labs: Prior to each Fall and Spring semester; other rebuilds are scheduled on an as needed basis.
- Software Image rebuilds on departmental academic computer labs: As scheduled with departmental representatives as needed.
- Max number of unavailable stations in an academic computer lab — maximum 10% of student workstations per academic computer lab (Assessment within 24 hours).
- New departmental academic computer lab setups — 3 months lead time (After academic computer lab specifications have been approved by the ITS).
Service hours of availability
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Saturday to Wednesday
Service available on Weekends as special request.
Contact the Helpdesk Services. Please have the following information available (as appropriate):
1. Your name, department and contact information.
2. Your form must be signed by your department head.
In order to receive this service, please request it through the HelpDesk either by the Online System or Email.
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114