Policy No.:ETP-9-1 Effective:03/18/12
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
UNIVERSITY King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
DIRECTOR Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services
This policy describes IT support for executive management mandated audits.
This policy encompasses all aspects of Edutech. Audits may be required to meet internal or legal requirements. The Director is responsible for implementing all aspects of this policy.
- Exhibit ETE-A-01-1 Charges of Corporate Office
This policy mandates that Edutech support include:
Edutech practices during an audit:
The Director will brief all Edutech staff members on their conduct during the audit:
- Require honesty—employees are required to provide prompt, honest, and factual answers to all questions from the auditors.
- Opinion versus facts—employees will identify those answers that are their opinion and those answers they can substantiate as facts.
- The Director will support all requests made by auditing officials:
- Making key employees available for auditors within a reasonable amount of time.
- Providing records requested. If records are nonexistent, they will obtain whatever is available.
Edutech responsibilities after an audit include:
Director will carefully review the auditor's report and comment, within 5 working days, on each negative point:
- Concurrence—Include any clarifying facts and an action plan for resolving the point.
- Objection—Include reasons why the audit point is incorrect.
- Report Follow Up after 6 months, identifying:
- Audit points resolved—how they were satisfied.
- Outstanding audit points—this must include an action plan for prompt resolution.
Ongoing Edutech practices:
- Establish and maintain audit trails for critical functions, such as user ID authorizations:
Identify records essential for auditing critical functions and all financial transactions.
- File critical records in secure storage.
- Conduct internal audits of policies to ensure compliance:
- Critical record accuracy and completion.
- Critical records storage.
- Critical files are complete.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences