Policy No.:ETP-A -1 Effective:03/18/12
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
University King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EduTech CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
Director Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services
IT Information Technology
This policy recognizes the authority and responsibility of the Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, to establish and govern educational IT and e-learning policies, procedures and best practices for the University's technology solutions in all regions, in order to support the educational business and educational IT strategies.
- The policy Description of Director, Corporate Educational Technology Services, (Ref# KSAU-HS/EDUTECH/451/2012)
- Acceptable Use of Information Resources (Ref# KSAU-HS/EDUTECH/443/2012)
- Management Notification
- Job Description of Director, Corporate Educational Technology Services
- Acceptable Use of Information Resources
The applies to all users of educational information technology resources within the University in all regions.
- Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services must establish and provide governance and approval for educational information technology solutions, e-learning projects, policies, procedures, and best practices for the University's educational technology infrastructure and services in order to secure all IT assets and promote the most efficient use of technology resources in education.
- The Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services must submit a report to the University Council at its first meeting of each calendar year, and submit interim reports at the request of the University Council, on the current status of the University's educational technology policies and procedures.
- All operating units within the University’s Colleges and Departments that use information technology resources are responsible for:
- Adhering to the Technology policies and procedures issued by the CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services.
- Seeking approval for developing and/or implementing, when appropriate, additional I.T policies and procedures specific to their operating units.
- Promoting IT policy adherence, and report violation incidents, or misuse of the University Educational Technology Resources.
- Complying with the requirements and processes of the IT governance model adopted by the CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services.
- Ensuring the security, availability and efficient use of the IT systems and the network to which they are connected.
- Informing the CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services if there are any problems with a policy or if inputs from other sources do not comply with the defined policies.
- Providing new students and employees with instruction and/or documented procedures that relate to their technology usage needs.
- Providing an orientation for current and new users when needed on the technology efficient use for business, education and research purposes.
- Maintaining the functionality and availability of the assigned IT systems and applications within their areas.
- Facilitating training, supply, support services, and the dissemination of the unneeded information.
- Preventing unauthorized access to University information resources, personal files, and e-mail.
- Developing and maintaining a plan for recovery of mission critical data and systems if a loss is sustained.
- The Dean and/or the Head of each College and/or Department within the University must support the designated “IT Manager”, “Technical Supervisor”, “E-Learning Supervisor” or “IT Coordinator” to ensure that the responsibilities mentioned in Item 5.3 are carried out and to serve as a contact person for that business unit with the EduTech.
- This policy recognizes that some Colleges/Departments may have different needs, Educational IT resources on premises, and levels of internal expertise. Hence;
- The needs and resources of a given College/Department may not require the “IT Manager” or the “IT Coordinator” to have an extensive technological operation background. “IT Managers” must have the technical expertise required to ensure the safe and reliable operation of their respective College/Department e-learning solutions and IT systems.
- Colleges/Departments must seek EduTech approval to hire IT Managers, Technical & e-Learning Supervisors and IT Coordinators who are responsible for the operation and/or the administration of these different IT systems.
- “IT Managers” must continuously submit updated technological resources documentation and performance reports to the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services for documentation and backup purposes.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences