This service supports the process for managing technology-related inquiries for all ITS users. This service is critical as it:
- Provides a single point of contact for clients.
- Delivers responsive support to the University’s academic and administrative services.
- Supports changes across academic, administrative, technology and process boundaries.
Service Level Objective:
Service level targets:
Core KSAU-HS Support:
First contact from Help Desk:
Note : Troubleshooting and resolution will be coordinated by the Help Desk and dispatched to the appropriate ITS group.
- Severity 1 —2: upon discovery and verification of the service outage by ITS, immediate to 15 minutes via updated messages on the main Help Desk phone number during regular operating hours.
- Severity 3 — 6: within 2 hours via phone and 4 hours via e-mail, during regular operating hours.
Troubleshooting / resolution* on a priority basis:
- Severity 1 — KSAU-HS or campus-wide or Building outage: 3 hours or less.
- Severity 2 — Classroom or departmental / work group outage: 4 hours or less.
- Severity 3 — Single client outage: one working day (to point of temporary or permanent workaround).
- Severity 4 — Single client has partial outage with workaround: 4 working days.
- Severity 5 — Single client has minor problem: 5 working days.
- Severity 6 — Service request for new work or submitted via self service: scheduled as per estimated service request turnaround times determined by the Help Desk at the time of the request submission.
First contact from Help Desk within one working day.
All further work will be estimated and scheduled as time permits.
No assistance available. However, the Help Desk may be able to direct you to other resources.
90% user satisfaction (where surveys are rated as “satisfactory” or “very satisfied”).
Users of this Service:
Faculty and Staff:
All current KSAU-HS faculty and staff are eligible for the following support:
Requests for information.
Client reported incidents (i.e., something is not working or behaving properly or missing).
Password resets/lockouts for all those with valid KSAU-HS network accounts holders are eligible for support.
In addition, instructional staff are eligible for the following support for computers in the labs and lecture theaters:
- Emergency Hotline
- Student printing support
- Requests for software installations (via the software request form)
Furthermore, all administrative and instructional staff can receive the following support for computers in their offices:
- Changes and resets for existing local Windows, administrative network, and GroupWise accounts.
- Full product assistance for Core KSAU-HS Support products and limited product assistance for Limited products.
- Requests for cabling/network drops.
- Requests for new hardware set-up and configuration.
- Requests for equipment moves (assistance with disconnect and reconnect only).
- Requests for hardware service.
- Computer re-images, if other troubleshooting methods fail.
- Software installs (Core KSAU-HS Support and Limited Support products only).
- Administrative rights to their computers (only instructional faculty when requested through their department chair).
All currently registered students are also eligible for the following lab support:
Tenants and other non-KSAU-HS groups:
- Support will be provided as outlined in your Service Level Agreement.
- Support for computers not owned (or leased) by KSAU-HS.
- Non-supported products.
- Personal home computing support.
- Support for non-KSAU-HS activities (e.g., games, personal business, etc.)
Service hours of availability:
Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Service available on Weekends as special request.
Contact the Helpdesk through the access methods listed in the How to Access this Service” section below. Please have the following information available (as appropriate):
1. Your KSAU-HS network user name.
2. Your name, department and contact information (phone, office/lab location and e-mail).
3. Location of the affected equipment.
4. The KSAU-HS asset number, serial, part number of the affected equipment.
In order to receive this service, please request it through the HelpDesk either by the Online System or Email.
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114