Policy No.:ETP-25-4 Effective:11/06/12
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
University King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
DIRECTOR Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services
IT Information Technology
A ‘Shared Folder’ is a folder in a file server created with the primary purpose of facilitating access secure storage and access by users on the network. This Policy defines the creation, usage and management of KSAU-HS Shared Folders.
This policy applies to all users who have or request access to KSAU-HS Shared Folders.
- POLICY_ETP-O -28-1 Data Backups and Retention Policy
- KSAU-HS Shared Folder Access Request Form
- The KSAU-HS Share Folder service is provided in order to store files which need to be shared within a department or across departments. Storing of personal files is not permitted and Edutech is not responsible for any personal files stored in shared folders. Storing files which do not necessitate sharing with other users in Shared Folders is discouraged due to cost considerations in providing the service.
- KSAU-HS supports 2 types of shared folders:
- Departmental Shared Folders
- Student Share Folders
- Any KSAU-HS user can request for Share Folder creation using Form O- 20 KSAU-HS Shared Folder Access Request Form.
- The request for Student Shared Folders should be from a Course Coordinator and approved by the College Dean.
- All Shared Folders have an owner and he/she will be responsible for all the files stored in the folder and he/she has the full control over the folder.
- Additional users will be provided read, read/write permissions as per the authorization of department head.
- For Student Shared Folders, only the batch leader, Course Coordinator and one designated person will have write permission and all other batch students have only read permission.
- The University Shared Folders are strictly for storing work related files and the access to Shared Folder will be revoked if violations are found.
- It is not permitted to store large files such as image files (jpeg, png, gif, bmp, etc.), video clips, iso images, exe files, unless otherwise approved from Edutech.
- Users who store files infected with viruses, scripts or any other files which can cause damage to the server, network and devices may incur disciplinary actions.
- Offensive and copyright materials are not allowed to be stored in the Shared Folders, and if found will lead to disciplinary action.
- All Shared Folders will provide only 1GB storage space. Any increase in space should be authorized and approved dependent upon the justification.
- It is the duty of the file owner to remove files which have not been accessed for 6 months from the Shared Folder. Edutech Operations reserves the right to delete all files which have not used for 6 months. If the files have not been deleted within two weeks after the notice, Edutech Operations reserves the right to delete those files without any further notice.
- EDUTECH Operations reserves all right to monitor the files stored in the Shared Folders in order to identify file types and usage patterns and to take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Edutech Operations will take periodic backups of Shared Folders as per Data Backups and Retention Policy
- Edutech will not be responsible for retrieval of backup files older than 6 months.
- Any complaints related to security breach, unauthorized access and missing files should be directed to the Edutech Director.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences