Policy No.: ETP-A-37-1 Effective: 30 March 2013
KSAU-HS University King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
IT Information Technology
LMS Any Learning Management Systems, Including Blackboard
VOP Voice-over-Power-Point (VOP)
Content Administrator The College/Department assigned LMS administrator.
- This policy aims to set a user agreement between EduTech as a service provider and the KSAU-HS Community as a service user.
- The policy organizes the lecture recording service, and ensures quality of service, user’s privacy protection, and control of recorded contents, copyright and access[A A1] .
This policy applies to all KSAU-HS Faculty, Students, and staff. It also includes the educational contents, service provided, and the technology used to fulfill the service.
- KSAU-HS Blackboard System Use Policy
- Waive Lecture Record Form
- EduTech is responsible to provide recording services for lectures, presentations, and special events. The service can be requested as per the set up procedure for this purpose.
- EduTech might record and broadcast each and every lecture, presentation and special events without users’ prior notification.
- EduTech supporting staff who are available at the recording venue must inform the presenter and attendees that a recording will be in process.
- If any lecturer does not want to have a particular lecture recorded and/or uploaded to the LMS, he/she must fill the “Waive Lecture Record Form”.
- The “Waive Lecture Record Form” must be approved by the College Dean or Department Director. The form should be submitted to EduTech, KSAU-HS, one (1) week prior to the intended lecture date.
- Female Lecturers who don’t want to appear in the recorded presentation must request to have their lectures recorded as “voice–over-PowerPoint” (VOP) presentations.
- VOP recorded lecturers are not visible; rather it offers only the voice recording. The VOP presentation will be posted for viewing only through KSAU-HS LMS.
- Recorded lectures will be made available only for the course enrolled students and faculty members. It is the responsibility of the Content Administrator at every College/department to make sure that only enrolled students and faculty can see a course’s contents.
- Those Female Lecturers who still wish to waive the recording must follow the same process mentioned in 5.4-5.5.
- Only Students and Faculty who have password access to the LMS course content will be able to see the recorded lectures / presentations. Users who are granted access to contents they are not entitled to see or use must inform the College’s/Department’s content administrator immediately.
- The recorded lecture/presentations files are played and viewed directly through KSAU-HS LMS. As a condition to access the Learning Management System, approved users agree to not capture or reproduce any part of the lecture recording.
- Downloading the recorded lectures/presentations from the KSAU-HS LMS is strictly prohibited.
- Any alleged violation of the agreement will result in a professional conduct investigation and appropriate action.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences