Policy No.:ETP-24-3 Effective: 7th Nov 2013
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
UNIVERSITY King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
DIRECTOR Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services
IT Information Technology
- This policy defines the acceptable use of mobile devices within the organization, specifically the protection of important corporate data stored on such devices. This policy is also designed to protect the corporate network from being infected by any hostile software when the mobile computer returns. This policy also considers wireless access.
- The policy applies to all mobile devices used by faculty, staff, students and visitors that are at any point connected to or share data with the KSAU-HS network. This includes laptop computers, PDAs, cellular phones, and portable data devices.
- POLICY ETP-18-2 Wi-Fi Hotspot Internet Access Policy
- POLICY IETP-18-4 Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- The wireless network of KSAU-HS is not considered as an intranet service in which all intranet services are available, but rather as a public network with only public access services provided.
- It is imperative that any mobile device that is used to connect to the University network be utilized appropriately, responsibly, and ethically. Failure to do so will result in immediate suspension of that user’s account.
- Mobile devices are only allowed to access the University online services (web based) through the provided wireless network. Any other services such as fileshare, server management, remote desktop, etc., are allowed only through physical network access approved by registering the MAC address of the device with a wireless controller.
- Only approved mobile devices are allowed to connect to the University’s physical network.
- Any mobile device that can store corporate data must support encryption of the data; corporate data on mobile devices must be encrypted at all times.
- Mobile devices capable of taking pictures are not allowed in sensitive areas of the University.
- The University will not be liable for the loss of personal mobile devices under any circumstances.
- Edutech will be responsible only to guide users for configuring wireless access to the University’s wireless network for accessing internet and intranet web based services. Edutech will also be responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting any University owned or developed mobile applications. All other support requests such as repair, troubleshooting, installation and configuration of non-University owned or developed applications and services are not the responsibility of the Edutech Department.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences