Policy No.:ETP-O -12-1 Effective:18 Mar, 2012
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
UNIVERSITY King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
IT Information Technology
This policy defines how remote workers access the KSAU-HS University network and the security standards that must be met when remotely accessing the University network. It is designed to prevent unauthorized access to the University network and to prevent damage to the network and loss of data.
The policy applies to all users that access the University network from off-site locations. This policy also applies where the employee is not physically working in on-premises offices, and also includes remote workers, part-time remote workers, contractors and vendors.
- Acceptable Use of Information Form
- All workers connecting to the University's network from outside the firewall must use the standard VPN connection. Workers using their own equipment are required to have an approved antivirus application installed and operating on their device at all times. The antivirus software must be configured as follows:
- The antivirus definitions must be updated at least once per day.
- Complete scans of the device for viruses must be done at least weekly.
- The antivirus program must scan applications in real time as they are accessed.
- The device must also include a firewall that is installed and operating while connected to the University network. The operating system must be properly configured and have all of the latest security updates.
- University-owned equipment that is used to access the University network from the outside must have the standard VPN software installed and meet the antivirus and firewall conditions stated above.
- All workers and devices that access the University network remotely are subject to all policies that apply to those using the network locally.
- VPN users will be automatically disconnected from the University network after 30 minutes of inactivity; the user is required to logon again to reconnect to the network. Use of pings or other processes to prevent the connection from being terminated due to inactivity are prohibited.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences