Server Management - Application/Database
For colleges, department and users who needs to host applications, we provide servers, which includes server hardware, operating system and network, and managing, maintaining and troubleshooting them. The servers will be provided as per the required specification for running an application or database services. The university provides different configuration servers which varying processor, memory, storage capacities and different operating system platforms such as Windows and Linix with required bandwidth for accessing the application.
Service hours of availability:
Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Contact the Helpdesk and please have the following information available:
- Full Name
- Your Email
- Your User Name
- Department or College as appropriate
- Location & Contact Extension no.
- Determine whether requests for new servers are best provisioned using our virtual environment or if the request warrants physical, dedicated hardware.
- Maintain and manage virtual server environments.
- Installing new servers (Linux, Macintosh, Virtual, and Windows).
- Installing and maintaining racks, hardware and firmware associated with the above listed servers.
- Performing server operating system maintenance and upgrades.
- Designing and maintaining directory services (Microsoft Active Directory).
- Designing and maintaining email and collaboration services (Microsoft Exchange).
- Designing and maintaining authentication and access control services to these servers.
- Installing and maintaining server management software and monitoring server performance.
- Troubleshooting server problems and failures.
- Installing and maintaining server-side software for add-on server products.
- Installing and maintaining Linux systems for Anti-spam, Anti-virus, and Anti-spyware appliances.
- Installing and maintaining server-side printer support systems using Linux, Macintosh, Virtual, and Windows queue volumes.
- Planning for future capacity requirements and upgrades, including the gathering of trend statistics for growth analysis and look ahead to determine possible hardware upgrades (e.g., CPU, memory, disk, and network).
- Server backups.
- Server security.
- Researching hardware and technological developments for servers.
- Disaster planning and recovery for KSAU-HS production servers.
- Consulting and assistance with purchases of new servers.
- Installing and maintaining Database Services (Microsoft SQL).
In order to receive this service, please fill the Justification Form, approved from your departmental head, and submit it to the Helpdesk through email or by courier MC 3114. Just click the link Request Here.
> Request Here
EduTech Administration, Operations
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114