Policy No.: ETP- 0 Effective: 03/18/12
KSAU-HS King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
UNIVERSITY King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences
EDUTECH CorporateOffice of Educational Technology Services
DIRECTOR Director of the Corporate Office of Educational Technology Services
I T Information Technology
USER(S) Any student, faculty, supporting staff or third party, who is granted an account to use KSAU-HS electronic resources or systems.
USER CONTENT Any content that is uploaded or made available on KSAU-HS web sites
This policy guides the accessibility to web servers for uploading content to existing or new sites. It also discusses what types of files can be uploaded , location of contents and the responsibility for the user content.
This policy applies to all users who will upload content to existing or new sites under KSAU-HS portals after formal approval.
- Policy ETP-18-4 Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- Web Server Access Request Form
- Any content that is uploaded or otherwise made available (“User Content”) on KSAU-HS college web sites which have been designed and developed by Edutech, remains under the individual colleges’ responsibility.
- By uploading or otherwise making available any User Content, the user automatically grants and/or warrants that the owner of the User Content has granted KSAU-HS Copyright or the perpetual royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, perform, display, and transmit the User Content through the KSAU-HS web sites which retain the uploaded User Content.
- In addition, the user hereby gives permission to KSAU-HS to use the name and image, visual likeness, portrait, or photograph that you upload onto the KSAU-HS web site, without compensation, in all forms and media (including but not limited to publications, websites, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, photo exhibits, motion picture films, and/or video) for any promotional, marketing, or any other purpose which the University deems fit in the interest of education, knowledge, research, marketing, advertising, or public relations.
- Any content which the user will make available on any KSAU-HS college websites should be retained in the related website server and not be copied, watermarked or otherwise borrowed content unless legal rights have been previously obtained.
- Any files users may refer to or download from any KSAU-HS website should be retained within the website server.
- Any Website logo, header and footer should not be modified without prior Edutech approval.
Intellectual Property Statement
- All KSAU-HS trademarks, service marks, and trade names should be proprietary to KSAU-HS. All materials posted including audio, text, photographs, videos, and graphics, (“User Content”) contained on the web sites are protected by KSAU-HS copyright.
Type of Access
On-demand access will be granted after approved request using one of the following types:
- FTP Access
- Windows File Sharing Access
- Content Management System Administration Access
Types of file(s)/user content Prohibited
- Any compressed and executable files are not allowed to be uploaded on to any KSAU-HS websites.
- Any files having the following extensions: .exe, .zip, .tar.gz, .tar, .7zip, .iso, .dpkg, .deb, .rpm etc. are not allowed to be used on any KSAU-HS websites.
- Any content which is in direct conflict with the policies, principles, ethics and goals of the University is not permitted to be either stored in the server or uploaded to any KSAU-HS websites. Upload of any illegal content or copy right infringement upon other legal entities is not permitted.
Director Corporate, Educational Technology Service
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences