If you need to connect PC, printers and photocopiers to network by using cables, you can apply for wired network services.
Service hours of availability:
Saturday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Contact the Helpdesk and please have the following information available (as appropriate):
1. Your name, department and contact information.
2. Your Username.
- Designing and maintaining all logical network structures to include physical (hard wired and wireless) and virtual private networks.
- Installing and maintaining all network components (switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points).
- Installing and maintaining network management and packet analysis software.
- Performing tuning on all network segments.
- Troubleshooting network failures and connectivity problems.
- Interfacing with external service providers (e.g., System Computing Services), external contractors, and other external entities.
- Coordinating and terminating new cabling requests.
- Specifying and coordinating cable plant installation.
- Activating network drops.
- Ensuring network security through the use of filters, access lists and firewall configuration.
- Planning for future capacity requirements or upgrades.
- Evaluating, recommending and purchasing of network equipment.
- Researching technological developments for networking.
- Network Disaster planning and recovery.
In order to receive this service, please request it through the Helpdesk either by the Online System or Email.
Support Contact Point:
Contact the EduTech Department at Ext# 92530 or through:
Web : Helpdesk System
Email : EduTech or Helpdesk
Mail Code: 3114